Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beef: BET

I remember when BET was the channel to watch, when '106 and Park' was the afternoon show, and 'Comic View' was extremely funny. I was a fan of BET, but now with their stupid reality shows and loss of purpose there is no point in watching it. Now the channel that was meant to bring people together and honor a minority has turned into a station that brings out the worst of the worse. So here it is my rant against BET and what they have become.

One thing that gets me is that '106 and Park' is becoming another 'TRL.' Why are they shortening the videos? That's the whole point of the show- to watch the videos, not Free Style Fridays, or the dance teams, or even the other activity of the day that they come up with. The show was to promote music that would not get the time that other genres would. So why are they going in another direction?

Another part that bothers me is all the reality shows they are showing. It's like have either eating off someones ideas or giving shows to wanna be stars. I can watch 'Frankie & Neffe', 'Harlem Heights', 'Baldwin Hills', or 'College Hill'. They are all demeaning and senseless shows.

Where is BET going with their programs? I have no idea, but I'm not watching it anymore. If they don't see a reason to put on shows that matter I don't see a reason in watching it.

photo via bing.com/images

1 comment: