Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not Much to Parenthood?

I am a sucker for shows on NBC, I grew up watching 'The Cosby Show' and many other comedies produced by them, so I had to watch the premiere of 'Parenthood' that aired tonight. In my defense the commercials made the show look really good and Lauren Graham is on the show. She will always be Lorelei Gilmore to me though.

As I watched the show, I have to say that the enthusiasm I once had faded as it became apparent that it wasn't really funny. The first episode left with much to be desired as far as the script was concerned, and it all seemed too predicable. Sorry Ron Howard, but you are going to have to move away from the Ron Cunningham and more towards modern times with this show.

For a show that is basically another version of ABC's 'Modern Family' and 'Brothers and Sisters' I would think that NBC would try to put some distance between the shows. Right now 'Parenthood' need to make some changes before it gets canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment